Blast from the Past - If I Stay

by 12:30 AM 0 comments

"Blast from the Past" is my personal feature - a post in which I talk about a book I read more than a year or so ago! Today I am featuring...




If I Stay -
Gayle Forman

Publisher: Dutton Juvenile

Synopsis: 
On a day that started like any other,

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, admiring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. In an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left. It is the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.



Release Date: April 2009

Read Date: October 2010

What I Thought: This was my first ever Gayle Forman novel, and my love for her writing was instantaneous! Gayle is super talented and If I Stay was a heart-breakingly beautiful novel! If you haven't read this one, I seriously suggest you do!

The Good: This book made me cry like a baby, and truly touched my heart.

The Bad:  Ummm, I'm not sure if there even is any?!

Fun Fact: A film version of the novel is in works with Summit Entertainment. In January 2013, Chloe Grace Moretz was chosen to play Mia.

      Quotes:

      “Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.” 

      - - -

      “I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.” 


      - - - 

      “Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal” 


      Rating:

      4 Bookstacks

      Unknown

      Reader, Blogger

      Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment

      Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D