Blast from the Past - Thirteen Reasons Why

by 12:30 AM 0 comments

"Blast from the Past" is my personal feature - a post in which I talk about a book I read more than a year or so ago! Today I am featuring...




Thirteen Reasons Why -
Jay Asher

Publisher: Razorbill

Synopsis: 
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.


Release Date: October 2007

Read Date: September 2010

What I Thought: Jay Asher is such an amazing writer as he proves in this novel. I loved the fact that we got the dual narrative between Clay and Hannah and got to experience everything that lead to Hannah's suicide.
It's a fast read, but it's a story that will stay with you forever.

The Good: This story is just so heart-wrenching and eye opening!

The Bad:  It wasn't completely what I expected.

Fun Fact: Asher has won eight different awards for Thirteen Reasons Why. Universal studios has the film rights and Selena Gomez was cast to play Hannah Baker.

Quotes:

“You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.” 
- - -

“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.” 


- - - 

“If my love were an ocean,

there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I'd be soaring in flight.” 


Rating:


5 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D