Blast from the Past - Bad Girls Don't Die

by 12:30 AM 0 comments

"Blast from the Past" is my personal feature - a post in which I talk about a book I read more than a year or so ago! Today I am featuring...




Bad Girls Don't Die -
Katie Alender

Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

Synopsis: 
Alexis thought she led a typically dysfunctional high school existence. Dysfunctional like her parents' marriage; her doll-crazy twelve-year-old sister, Kasey; and even her own anti-social, anti-cheerleader attitude. When a family fight results in some tearful sisterly bonding, Alexis realizes that her life is creeping from dysfunction into danger. Kasey is acting stranger than ever: her blue eyes go green sometimes; she uses old-fashioned language; and she even loses track of chunks of time, claiming to know nothing about her strange behavior. Their old house is changing, too. Doors open and close by themselves; water boils on the unlit stove; and an unplugged air conditioner turns the house cold enough to see their breath in.

Alexis wants to think that it's all in her head, but soon, what she liked to think of as silly parlor tricks are becoming life-threatening--to her, her family, and to her budding relationship with the class president. Alexis knows she's the only person who can stop Kasey -- but what if that green-eyed girl isn't even Kasey anymore?



Release Date: April 2009

Read Date: December 2010

What I Thought: Ghosts and Possessions really freak me out, but this was a wonderful story that kept my attention the whole way through. Plus, Katie Alender has an amazing writing style.

Fun Fact: Originally published in 2009, Bad Girls Don’t Die was selected for the Tayshas Reading List of the Texas Library Association, named to the New York Public Library’s 2010 Stuff for the Teen Age list, and is available through Scholastic book clubs. In 2013 it was awarded second place in the Minnesota Youth Reading Awards. - Taken from katiealender.com

Quotes:

“That's the pathetic thing about high school. Everyone tries so hard to be something they aren't. It's gotten so I don't know who I am, so how can I even try to be who I am, much less who I'm not?
My problem is that I don't even fit in with the misfits.
I don't fit anywhere.” 


- - -

“Just say something real. Everyone just always tries so hard, and it all comes out the same. I just want someone to say something real.” 


- - - 

“I can't help it, Alexis," he said "I want to make you think too much...and then I want to hear the things you've been thinking too much.” 


Rating:



4 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D