Mini Review - The Selection, Kiera Cass

by 12:30 AM 1 comments
The Selection - Kiera Cass


SynopsisFor thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


~ Goodreads ~

* * *

What I Thought: So this book was absolutely raved about by some people I knew, so I went in with pretty good expectations. The Selection had so much promise, being pitched as a YA mix of The Bachelor and The Hunger Games. I could see the reality show aspect, but only the dystopian side of the HG.
To be perfectly honest, this book was enjoyable to read, and I kept going hoping something exciting would happen. BUT, in saying that, the only character I really liked is Prince Maxon. America absolutely annoyed me the entire time, being as fickle as her feelings. The storyline was likeable yet predictable.

I'm not sure if I'll read the rest of the series, but my bets are on her choosing Prince Maxon over Aspen - there is no way this story could end any other way. 



Mad Claire
xo

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

  1. It certainly does have a pretty cover, and I don't mind a cover with a girl with a pretty dress either. I haven't read the selection and not sure if I want to. A lot of my blogger friends seem to like this but I haven't decided. Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D